Image & Recipe Courtesy of Tartelelle:
- 6 peaches
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup whole coconut milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon dried edible lavender buds
Method of Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pits.Place in large roasting pan, cut side up. Drizzle with the honey and lavender. Roast until golden brown and soft, about 30 minutes. Let cool completely and peel the skins off the peaches (you can roast them the day before if you want). Reserve.
- In a large saucepan set over medium heat, cook together the cream, milk coconut milk and honey until they barely come to a boil. Remove from the heat and let cool completely. Refrigerate until cold.
- When both fruit and ice cream based are chilled sufficiently, mash the peaches with a potato masher or a fork (no need to puree fine), add them to the base and process the ice cream according to your ice cream maker manufacturer’s instruction.
- Freeze until set.
- Serve & Enjoy the goodness of Summer!